Tuesday, January 29, 2008

No more free raw material!



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Aaron Campbell <glowplug@gmail.com>
Date: January 29, 2008 12:52:58 PM PST
To: "go@blogger.com" <go@blogger.com>, "." <.>
Subject: No more free raw material!

Maybe this is a bit farfetched and perhaps in some cases might be detremenental to recycling, but I confess that I'm tired of giving away raw material to people who make it into something else in order to sell it...sometimes.

I guess the idea is to make recycling more attractive to the recycler by paying him a bit to do it. Five cents a can in Oregon is a start, but what about all the rest of the things that we recycle?  The trash co comes and takes our paper, plastic, glass, and compost to make something else with it or sell it to a different co who makes a profit from it. It burns me up a bit, but maybe I've forgotten a key reason they do it, like maybe they do it at a loss. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment